Cooking isn’t something I’m very fond of, but lately I’ve started to like it. It always feels better to eat something you’ve made with your own hands. Around a month back, I tried making Schezwan Sauce, the one which you get with chicken lollipop and which is also used in several dishes by restaurants. Well, ultimately the sauce did taste good, but I was left with burning hands since I removed red chilly seeds using my hands without using gloves and that too dipped in water! After that I was too scared to cook anything. These days being holidays for me, I decided to try something again and this time I was able to cook delicious Hot & Sour Vegetable soup without any accidents 😉
Here’s what you’ll need to make tasty hot and sour veg soup.
Hot & Sour Vegetable Soup Ingredients[table id=1 /]
1. Heat oil in a deep pan. You can alternately use a karahi.
2. Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute for a minute or two.
3. Add beans, cabbage, carrot and saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Add cornflour in a cup of cold water and mix it thoroughly. Add it to the pan. Wait for the mixture to thicken. Add more cornflour if you want the soup to be thicker. I don’t recommending adding too much cornflour since it isn’t good for your health. You can alternatively use raw corn.
5. Add dark soy sauce, green chilly paste and stir.
6. Add water.
7. While you keep mixing, add capsicum, salt and sugar (if needed) to taste.
8. Add pepper powder. Adding any of black and white pepper powder is fine.
9. Add vinegar and mix.
10. Add MSG (ajinomoto) for taste. Add this only if your soup doesn’t taste the way you want it to.
11. Serve in soup bowls and garnish with spring onions.
If something goes wrong and your soup doesn’t taste good, you can always add Maggi cubes or Knorr cubes. They always make things right for me and my soup often tastes better with them 😉
I’d be posting a video soon.