Micromax which is known for providing decently priced full featured smartphones, today started accepting orders for their upcoming phone, Canvas 4. Micromax gained great publicity because of is Canvas series. Though Canvas 3 didn’t work that well in the market, Canvas 4 is all set to break all records Micromax has previously set.
Micromax which had previously tied with sites like SnapDeal to accept Canvas pre-orders, fulfill and deliver broke ties with them since the deliveries didn’t go off very well. Lots of delays were reported which probably forced Micromax to start accepting and delivering the orders themselves.
You can now pre-order Micromax Canvas 4 from their official website www.canvas-4.com at a price of Rs. 5000 which comes to around hundred dollars. The device doesn’t come that cheap. It’s just an advance payment you have to make so that you get the device before others get hold of it. You pay the rest when the device gets delivered.
The site gives no information about what the device will have and its exact price. The only page seen on that site is the terms and conditions page which gives you information on payment, EMI’s and stuff.
Micromax Canvas 4 Specifications
Micromax is yet to release the official specs list, but if the sources are to be believed, Canvas 4 is all set to be released with the following features.
- CPU – Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex A7
- RAM – 2GB
- Screen – 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- GPU – PowerVR Series 5XT GPU
- OS – Android 4.2.2 JellyBean
- Camera – 13 MP rear /3.2 or 5 MP front
- Sim – Dual SIM GSM
- Connectivity – 3G, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Battery – 3000 mAH
- In-built Memory – 8GB
- Expandable Memory – 64GB
- Price – Around Rs. 20000 ($400)
How to Pre-Book Micromax Canvas 4?
1. Visit the following link and hit the ‘Place Order’ button.
2. You’ll then be asked to login with your Facebook account or continue as guest. You can choose either of them.
3. On the next page enter the billing details and make the payment.
4. Upon successful completion of payment, you’d receive an email stating your login details where you can track your order status. You’d also be able to see the balance amount you have to pay before the device gets delivered. This amount will only be shown after 8th of July.
5. After 8th July you will have 7 days to pay the balance amount. You also get an option to pay the balance amount in 3/6/9/12 EMI’s. However you can’t make the advance payment in EMI’s. If you fail to pay the balance amount within 7 days i.e. before 15th July, your orders gets cancelled and the advance payment you made gets refunded to your account automatically.
The shipments will begin on 10th of July. However there has been no official announcement about the same.
If you pre-order Micromax Canvas 4 before 6th of July your name would automatically be entered in the lucky draw for the Canvas 4 launch event in Delhi on 8th July. Try your luck! You’d have to take care of your travel and hotel expenses yourself 😉
You can go through the entire set of terms and conditions below. To make it easy we have captured the screenshot from their official site.